Some businesses often have more than one blog, if they have more than one audience they're attempting to reach and retain. Often times, businesses will have one blog for customers and one for partners. They have two because the content two sets of audiences are interested in differs. If you work for a business that is thinking about starting another blog, here are some tips we think will help you get the process started.
- Make sure you have the resources and time to commit to both blogs
- Determine what the difference in content will be between the two blogs
- Know what your two distinct audiences want to learn from your blogs
- Create a blog calendar for the new blog (and the old, if you haven't already)
- Decide who from your company is best suited to deliver the content for the new blog
- Develop the creative for the blog; the look and feel should be consistent with your brand's marketing, but since this is a new blog, you want the creative to be unique and speak to the message you wish to convey
- Determine how you will reach your target audience to tell members about your blog
- Devise a plan for retaining both sets of audiences as readers of your blog
- Link both blogs to the appropriate company social media accounts
Have any more tips to add? Please share them with us in the comments below!
*Offer expires 5/1/13