Most companies we speak with regularly are on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and more for their businesses. But some of those companies aren't sure if their content and their business is engaging enough on those sites.Often times, companies struggle with interacting with their social media audiences. In order to see retweets, shares, engagements with prospects and existing customers, it's important to make each of your posts count. Here's a social media checklist to see if your content and your business are engaging your audience:
- Is the content your sharing unique?
- Is your post inviting? Does it encourage people to respond or retweet?
- Are you offering value to your followers?
- Is your content compelling?
- Are you sharing share-worthy content?
- When sharing an article, do you have compelling copy that will make people want to click through?
- Are your tweets short, concise and well written?
- Do you occasionally include images or videos in your posts?
- Are you sometimes posing questions to your audiences that make them think and want to answer?
- Are you encouraging followers to share their experiences with you?
- Are you being an engaging follower of other brands, by tweeting and sharing others' posts?
Next time you're going to post to your social media accounts, ask yourself some of the above questions. If you follow a similar checklist, you may see better results and engagement from your online audiences.
Have any other questions to add to our lists? Or want to tell us about your experiences engaging with audiences through social media? Please share your thoughts and stories in the comments!
*Offer expires 5/31/13